- Colours: Black, white and grey.
- Embroidered black feathers, black beading and organza seperates.
- Form fitting, bold prints.
- Colours: Black, ivory and Barbie pink.
The Show Love LG Fashion Week in Toronto got a kick start with the reveal of David Dixon's Fall 2009 Collection and Barbie Collection. Dixon's Barbie inspired collection comes after the reveal of designs by Michael Kors, Badgley Mischka and Vera Wang who were some of the designers picked to dress 50 models in Barbie inspired couture. The addition of the Barbie theme LG Fashion week was a nice touch at including a theme that has been prevalent in fashion weeks around the world as Barbie celebrates her 50th anniversary.
David Dixon History
- Born and raised in Toronto.
- A leader in the Canadian fashion scene.
- 10 years of running the David Dixon label.
- A graduate from Ryerson University, 1993.
- Establishment of the David Dixon label, 1995.
- Winner of various awards such as the City of Toronto New Designer of the Year and the City of Toronto Designer of the Year (2000-2001)
Themes of David Dixon
- Luxury, functionality, fantasy and sensibility.
- David Dixon Designs
- David Dixon Fall 2009 Collection
- David Dixon Barbie Collection
Photography courtesy of Peter Lytwyniuk @ Studiolit